Important Volunteer and work exchange information…
CAIRNHILL is a beautiful and safe place …
It is a peaceful paradise setting with a stunning vista of views and natural beauty.
Bookings are generally for approximately 1 to 2 weeks but may be amended by special request.
As it is a FARM, it is classified as a multi hazard environment.
First and foremost we are concerned about your …
a) Health and Safety.
b) Enjoyment and cultural experience.
c) Fun, work and relaxation.
Come prepared to help, to learn, to take time to relax and appreciate… and for the experience of a lifetime.
During your stay you will become involved with the culture of a totally independent off grid healthy farm life style and be helping with some of the following activities…
Animal care. General farm life and maintenance. Or one of our mainly progressive projects or developments. Gardening, environmental care and regeneration etc.
As it is typical farm-like life. Activities take place at casual times through out the day and are always weather dependant.
Most days you will assist with some of the tasks or projects. This will vary depending on each particular project and the weather.
Every day there is time and opportunity to relax and enjoy your favourite pastime. Reading, walking, swimming at the beach or the farm walking tracks and Oasis. Hiking, hammocks, photographing the picturesque surroundings, play games, or snooze and enjoy whatever the mood may be.
Please Bring With You
1) Good robust footwear. It is essential. The farm has many walking tracks and in many places quite steep. You will be assisting with gardening and other projects on sloping ground.
2) Bring well fitting gloves suitable for gardening and similar type of work.
3) A torch. (A phone torch is suitable)
4) Your preferred drink for social occasions or evenings … The Reason Why? … Many volunteers will attend some rural or cultural type BBQ,s or community meals during their stay. You are welcome to bring along your own fruit flavoured, wine or beer or other type of personal or preferred drink to such cultural or special social occasions. Or for an evening drink. (As we sometimes do) We do not supply alcoholic drinks. You are welcome to BYO.
We do supply tea, coffee and plenty of clean fresh Cairnhill Springs drinking water.
5) Bring all personal and daily health care needs. (no shops or supplies available nearby)
6) Bring any special dietary needs and medications. eg: if you are vegan, have allergies or gluten free, you will need to bring items like soya milk, spreads, pulses, quinoa, snacks, or flour etc if you require such items. Preparing and baking for such needs is welcome and no problem if you bring what you require with you.
We can provide vegetarian requirements.
NOTE: We eat wide variety of healthy foods, home baking, fresh fruit and vegetables, most of it home grown, free range farm eggs and fish.
7) Summer time include. Sunscreen, insect repellant, sunhat etc
8) Winter time include. Warm clothing. Jacket. Beanie hat etc.
We are members of and recommended by …
Various directories and word of mouth.
CAIRNHILL FARM is a PARADISE in an exquisite, peaceful and remote location.
Imagine you are going to stay at PARADISE ISLAND …
If you think you may need it, bring it with you.
Bookings can change by the day.
Your Cairnhill stay is not fully reserved until you have received your confirmation from us as accepted.
If you need to cancel or change your booking for any reason, please notify us immediately.
If you have your own transport…
you can enjoy a leisurely drive from the Rai Valley State Highway/To French Pass Junction intersection. It will take about 70 minutes drive time … plus as much time as you spend for stops for the amazing WOW factor scenery and photographs. A good time to arrive at Cairnhill is between 13.00 and 14.00hrs but you can easily let us know by text or email from this website if otherwise suits you better.
Check your fuel gauge. No diesel or petrol station available nearby
If you do not have your own transport …
When pre-arranged we can sometimes pick up volunteers if we are in Nelson on the same day as your intended arrival.
BUT OTHERWISE …
you will need to use the passenger transport service which is available (early morning 8.30am) from Rai Valley Village on a Monday and Thursday only. This means you will need to arrive in Rai Valley Village the day before.
You will need to go by bus to Rai Valley Village from Nelson or Blenheim the day before your adventure journey to the Marlborough Sounds to CAIRNHILL FARM.
The bus service DOES NOT operate in this area on any New Zealand public holiday. eg; Check this link…
If a scheduled service day falls on a public holiday the service will generally be provided the day after or the day before the public holiday. Please check with the provider.
Contact Details From Rai Valley Village to Cairnhill Farm.
This is an exciting and adventurous part of your Cairnhill experience. Your hosts (Steve Partridge and his family) at Rai Valley will take good care of you and you will have an awesome time in this small rural Kiwi Village.
Book and arrange your overnight accommodation and transport directly with MR STEVE PARTRIDGE at the RAI VALLEY VILLAGE.
Call or text STEVE on (Int+64 27571 6049) or NZ 027 571 6049. The trip to Cairnhill costs NZ$25-00pp and departs Rai Valley Village early morning and it takes about 2.5 hours to Cairnhill. They will accommodate pre-booked volunteers/passengers/wwoofers overnight which includes your evening meal, bed, and breakfast with the family. Meals and accommodation costs NZ$25.00pp. After breakfast you will depart Rai Valley Village for Cairnhill Farm about 8-30am and arrive at Cairnhill in time for lunch.
There are no banking or electronic money services in the Rai Valley Village so come prepared with any $NZ you may require.
We have good mobile phone signal and data coverage from most of the service providers. Spark and xtra sometimes require searching for a signal.
If you need help or have any comments or questions or you would like to book your stay at CAIRNHILL you can
Our Physical or Postal Address is …
268 Te Towaka Road,
RD3 Rai Valley.
Tel-Txt-WhatsApp (Int +64) 021 5777 46
NOTE: Remember to select your preferred dates when filling in the form below.